Thursday, March 10, 2011

wedding planning.


customized wedding cake topper by lollipop workshop.


so i am to be wed this upcoming october and i have to admit that i am a bit of a reluctant bride. don't take this the wrong way, i am marrying the absolute dream man and my best friend and after 6+ years together it is about time ;) i suppose i just find the whole big wedding ordeal a little silly and a lot stressful (try telling your future mother in law to trim down her friends list by about 20 people, eek!) but i do really love the tiny fun details and so i'm going to start sharing some of my planning here on my blog.

the best place to start then is with one of the first purchases that i made after getting engaged: a personalized cake topper. now this might seem ridiculous, but i was so excited about it! and then it came and was beyond my expectations. i just love my boy's red beard and the little fall leaf accents ;) it will be even better a top our wedding cake that will be furnished by my cousin's wife, a very talented cake artist and baker ;)

5 comments:

  1. Its absolutely adorable!!

    Congrats on your upcoming marriage. :) I was with my guy for 4 years before we got hitched, and we were pretty solid before we jumped into the institution. Still, there is something glorious about being a wife and a mrs. and I love every part of it.

    I hope you have many years of wedded bliss in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, a lot of the wedding "industry" is ridiculous. You just have to find your style, your budget and embrace the process. I'm sure you will make a beautiful bride and attention to details like a custom cake topper is so sweet. Love it!

    Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing ridiculous about being excited over this cake topper, its absolutely charming!!! Whenever the day comes that I get hitched I pray it will be the smallest wedding with family and close friends only.. with a family like mine that may be mission impossible though lol Congrats on the wedding, cant wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate! While I do want to get married eventually, a traditional wedding just doesn't appeal to me. I'd just like a party with lots of flowers, booze, good food and friends. I have to say though, that cake topper is so freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks for the compliments and i'm glad i'm not alone! i wish i could have a teeny tiny wedding but i come from a large irish catholic family (i have 45 first cousins, FOR SERIOUS) so there is no way around it! i'm excited to make it my own though a nice low key celebration with lots of little DIY touches ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...