Monday, April 25, 2011

time traveling


photo source: Zagat.com

This weekend my friend and her husband came into the city to meet Bryan and I for drinks. We decided to take them to this new place that opened in Philly called the Farmers Cabinet. Little did I know how great this place would be it. I mean just look at the photos ;)

It's styled as a Victorian-era lounge complete with amazing old-fashioned handmade cocktails and a full live band decked out completely in tweed suits, moustaches and bow ties playing 20s and 30s music. I was in heaven. The drinks were amazing and I had a great gin cocktail and then really excellent belgium beer. Bryan said their whiskey sours were outstanding (see above). And while we didn't eat, i'm dying to go back and do since they have what looks to be a great (and veg friendly menu). Plus they have cheese. lots of cheese. what's better than that?

The rest of our weekend was low key. Got the wedding registries tackled. I went to my aunt's for Easter brunch (Bryan worked :(. And then rewatched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I with my sister (that movie is AWESOME and i cannot wait for part 2!)

What did you get up to?

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that place looks awesome and I am always looking for new places in Philly to try. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...